Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Caligine - L'Autunno di Rame


Remember Caligine? The psychedelic folk/improv unit from Italy whose few albums I posted in 2009? They asked me to post another one of their albums, this one's from 2010 and released on Sturmundrugs label (one of the best label names ever btw). While Minimalia Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 as well as the 4-way split on Stunned were heavily improvised, sparse and noisy excursions, L'Autunno di Rame is a way more focused and clear effort, with carefully constructed songs with lyrics in Italian and beautiful guitar passages. Standout track: "Hastings (Parinirvāṇa Blues)".

1 comment:

Tom said...

God, you find the absolute greatest shit out there. I've been loving this album and that Ocelote Rojo thing you posted recently pretty much nonstop for a while now. I should just take your RSS feed and display it as my blog :)