Monday, July 18, 2011

I Come to Shanghai - Eternal Life Vol. 1

Looks like someone finally got an idea to add the lyrics and vocals to the whole analog synth revival. I Come to Shanghai's album is definitely more poppy (and more beat-driven) than your usual, say, Lunar Miasma, Emeralds or Oneohtrix release, but it's definitely catchy. But it also features a lot of more synths, great clean vocals and interesting interplays of psychedelic-ish synth nirvana and traditionals instruments, like guitars or drums. This duo from Oakland, CA have quite a chance to make it big. In the words of the musicians themselves, people who like Kraftwerk, Brian Eno, Cluster, Motown, Aphex Twin, and Organized Noize might get into this.


4 comments:

Jens Dietrich said...

I consider I Come to Shanghai to be the best new band out there. Really wish they'd get more attention.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Max Chill ph.d is a hero amongst PC gamers.

Gwen DeFortuna said...

I agree, Jens. Well, I guess I'll crosspost!

Maruhana Bachi said...

Thanks forr sharing